Branding and working opportunities





To be a successful photographer requires more than just taking great pictures with a camera. The other aspects of the business as a photographer which are important are the branding, marketing and promoting. The first step that a photographer takes which he started to build his business is to design a logo. Logo is a text or a graphic that represent visually the business.
The important aspects of the logo are:
·      The logo must be simple
·      Know the brand
·      Choose the right font
·      Avoiding trends
·      The colour of the logo could be black and white to avoid distraction by fousing on the shape. It is better to have the logo with three colours.
The next step is the Self-Analyze to identify who my brand is. The possible questions to ask for my business are:
·      What is the purpose of my business?  The purpose of my business is to provide services as a photographer
·      What are my goals? To build my own studio in order to provide services to potential clients, to do my personal portfolio and website, to do my personal logo for my business, to identify my competitors.
·      What products and services do I offer? (fashion portfolios, still life photography, fashion shootings, wedding packages, identity photos, etc)
·      What does my business do differently than others in the same field? (provide discount packages, provide better prices through the services.)
·      Who is my target customer? ( models, students who graduates from a school, couples who planning to get married, etc)
·      Who is my competition? (To identify my possible competitors who are other photographers in the fashion industry who works as fashion photographers and have their own studio)




Another important aspect of the branding is to do a Market Research:
·      How many fashion commercial shootings are making each year? There are a lot of shootings every year that are taking place to the fashion industry so it is important to do some different for my business in order to continue as a fashion photographer.
·      What is the average cost of a fashion shooting? The average cost of fashion shooting it depends from the hours that the shooting is taking place and also if I go to another city the price goes up and for what purpose that the shooting has. The average cost for a normal shooting in Cyprus is 150 euros.
·      How man fashion photographers are in Cyprus? There are a lot of fashion photographers in Cyprus so it is important to research their work and trie to be different from these photographers.



The Websites are another important aspect of the branding. A well-designed website can serve as a portfolio. This help the photographer to show his work and find new potential clients. The website also reflects my personal style and show quality.
Also, the website helps the business of the photographer to have promote their work.

More information of my website is on another post of my blog.


Social media is one of the best ways to build a brand these days. Receive the basic social media accounts and update them periodically with photos, offers and other information about your company. Find things that are related and of interest to your customers and give them the opportunity to interact.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fashion and Beauty Photoshoot